Is this the end of Scunner?

Posted by Santa Claus on November 17th, 2012

Do you remember how happy Scunner was over Halloween?

Well, he has gone back to his usual grumpy self and I was worried about him.  I asked him into my office today.

I felt so sad when I saw his unhappy little face.

“What’s wrong Scunner?”  I asked him.

“Santa, I don’t mean to be so grumpy.  It’s just I don’t…  I don’t… like Christmas!”  Then he started to cry.

I gave him a big spotted handkerchief and he blew his nose.  He blew it so loud that it frightened poor old Rudolph in the stable across the yard!

“But Scunner,” I asked him.  “Why don’t you like Christmas?  It is such a happy and joyful time.”

“Santa, tinsel makes me sneeze.  Holly gives me a rash. Christmas pudding gives me a sore belly.  Cuddly toys make me itchy and Christmas paper makes my eyes water.”

“Jumping Jingle Bells!” I thought.  “Maybe Scunner is allergic to Christmas!”

Well, I had never heard of such a thing before!  But if he was allergic to Christmas then he couldn’t stay at the North Pole.

After a long time (and quite a few cookies!), I started thinking.  The workshops are full of the things that make Scunner unhappy.

He is such a good worker though and even when he is grumpy all the other elves like him a lot.  It would be very sad to see him go.

So, I have been trying to think of other jobs that he can do.  Do you have any ideas?

P.S.  Do you think Scunner should stay or should he go?  Do you have any ideas of other jobs for him?  You can click here to tell me or, scroll down to see what other people have written!

133 Responses to “Is this the end of Scunner?”

My friend Natasha said:

Maybe you could let scunner sit with you at the desk or put him in the kitchen with mrs claus so he could bake some things for the christmas dinner

My friend Hailey said:

hey!!!!

My friend Hailey said:

santa rocks!

My friend Hailey said:

thomas is not nice to me at all.

My friend ese said:

he could be the elves pets

My friend ese said:

he could be the wacther if sombody come to the north pole.

My friend fiona said:

scunner shold stay!!!!!!

My friend alexa said:

i think he should stay because he sounds like a good working elf.He should chek the naughty and nice list twice. P.s. tell every one i said hi to the and hello to you mr.santa

santa clause your awesome

My friend shayla said:

santa clause your awesome

My friend Jarron said:

hi santa. i read about scunner and i say. it must be sad to hear. i think he should stay but… if he wants to go, you should than. i know its hard to see some one go. but i have something that can help. if the toys makes him not happy then you should ask him what is he good at, what did he really want to do in your work shop. like, giveing cookies out. or some drinks. watch the rain deers. or he could be second elf boss, he could check if the elfs are doing things right! and he could make it easy! or he could be your helper with the sleigh! take him on a ride with your rain deers! i would like that! p.s tell every one i said hi again. and thank you again for makeing everyone happy!

My friend Rose said:

Maybe he could work in the stables with the reindeers and help you fly your sleigh on Christmas

My friend jenni said:

i think scunner should stay, maybe someone could train him to be a doctor, that way he can work in the hospital.

My friend Emily said:

I think Scunner should stay and work to keep the reindeer’s happy and healthy.

My friend RubyAnn said:

I hope you find a cure for poor Scunner

My friend maddie said:

My friend ADDISON said:

POOR,POOR SCUNNER YOU SHOULD TRY TO FIND A CURE FOR HIM POOR THING I THINK HE SHOULD STAY IF YOU FIND A CURE! :)

My friend alyssa said:

ask him what he likes and don`t give him money to make him feel better make it come from your heart

My friend gracie ayscue said:

i do not think scunner should go i just think u should ask him what he maybe likes about christmas and give him that it might help if he likes nothing about christmas just ask him what well anything he likes maybe that will work merry christmas scunner with huggs and kisses love gracie ayscue

My friend Tara said:

Let him help in the kitchen! Or ask him what he’s interested in at the moment and ask if he ever had a dream job!

My friend Presley said:

i think he should help feed the reindeer he would be good at it or work with Mrs.Claus or help with you Santa Claus i am so sorry Scunner your awesome like the other evles

My friend Faith said:

you should let him help with feeding the reindeer.

My friend KACIE said:

I THINK HE SHOULD WORK WITH MRS CLOUSE

My friend taylor said:

Maybe Scunner can work with the witches if he wasnt sad around halloween Maybe Christmas isnt his best holiday

My friend Arianna said:

He could work with the reindeer

My friend Samantha said:

you can make a scunner day where he does what he wants (not naughty)

My friend Samantha said:

please dont let scunner go away he just needs cheering up

My friend Jo said:

I think that you should have Scunner be an elf who whatches, and checks up on the naughty and nice kids. Maybe you could have him help answer emails from the kids and people who email you!!!

My friend iveta said:

dear santa you could give scunner the job to ride in your sleigh and give out presents. or you could give scunner the job to chech on the elfs how they are working.

My friend Natalia said:

I think that you could have one of the elfs make Scunner a bubble that will help him or allergie medicine!

Call me whenever you need help,Natalia

My friend Csepke said:

Well, I think Scunner should be the elf who makes Hot choclate for santa.That would be a great job for him because it doesen’t have tinsel, it doesen’t have holly,it doesen’t have christmas pudding,it doesen’t have cuddley toys and it doesen’t have christmas wrapping paper!

My friend Clodagh said:

no Santa let him stay

My friend machala said:

i think he should stay but have his own little house away from the things he dont

Leave A Message For Santa About “Is this the end of Scunner?”

P.P.S. Your computer's IP address is 54.83.233.11 ;)