Clumsy with a hammer

Posted by Santa Claus on December 18th, 2012

The builder elves have been hard at work.  They are putting together the sets for the upcoming Christmas show.

They built a fake fireplace and furniture for a pretend family room.  Then they went home for the night.  They were pooped!

Clumsy the Elf wanted to prove that he was good enough to join the building team.

When the other elves were gone, Clumsy went back into the workshop.

He worked long into the night to finish the family room set.

It was hard to do by himself!  He couldn’t hold boards up and nail them at the same time.  But, he did his best.

He finally finished the walls.  He was so tired he fell asleep right on the floor.

This morning, the other elves came back to work.  They found Clumsy curled up and snoring.  They also saw all the work he had done.  They giggled.

The builder elves woke Clumsy up and pointed to his work.  Clumsy looked at the elves and wondered why they were giggling.  Then he started giggling.

The whole set was tilting to one side!

Clumsy realized that he could not do such a big project on his own after all.

The elves had to start all over.  This time Clumsy got help from a few other elves.  They worked as a team.  They were done in no time – and it was done right!

Now the actor elves will have loads of time to practice before the big performance.

P.S.  Have you ever tried to do a big job by yourself?  Did it work out better than it did for Clumsy? You can click here to tell me about it or, scroll down to see what other people have written!

37 Responses to “Clumsy with a hammer”

My friend Kylie said:

I tried to build a wood mini house all by myself I couldn’t hold the planks up and use glue at the same time. Nobody was there to help me because my sitter was outside my mom was at the store and my dad was working on our shed. Finally my mom came home and she held the planks up while I glued. After we finished I started painting the house. After I was all done the house was beautiful! We put it outside by our porch. P.S. Before my mom came home it was a gluey mess!!

My friend Raynie said:

I went into my room because I was mad at my partner Ally. So I did my scince project myself. It was really hard but I couldn’t do it so I talked to my teacher Mrs.Solarchick and I got a new partner and we made a project together and we got a A plus.

The
    End

My friend milani said:

Hi,
    That clumsy old elf is so funny! I bet he is the funniest elf at the north pole!

My friend verniyah said:

When I tried to do a bigg job it didn’t work outso good for me

My friend ashley said:

:lol
    ;)
    :D
    :( )

My friend tyan said:

That was a cool story c:

My friend Katy said:

Christmas isnt about presents! Its about sharing our love with everybody else, giving to the less fortunate help on the cold December nights, everybody deserves love at christmas its when you put aside your differences and work together to make christmas truly unforgettable! Oh and 5 months to go :(

My friend rodnia said:

hi

My friend Lawrence said:

I think clumsy needs you to teach him how to build toys

My friend Samantha said:

good nigt hahaha baby claus

My friend Samantha said:

i love the story you just told about that it is funny.sometimes i do clumsy things too! ha i just said clumsy.love you.good bye santna claus. i have go to bed so early.

My friend Amylee said:

Santa hello I olnly just want to say that you for coming to our house

My friend Destiny said:

this os my joke santa:Ho ho ho!me:hi i want 1 electric gutar. santa:ho ho ho im not open. me:but u have other kids in line….. a guy:ya!me; wen did u get in the conversation?the guy:now. me:o.santa ho ho ho merry christmas!me:i told u i want 1 electric gutar!!the guy:yaya!!santa:ho ho ho mery christmas!!!!me: good greef.so funny hu i love my jokes

My friend Destiny said:

HHIIIIII !!!!

My friend D J Cally said:

hi

My friend destiny said:

santa says some wierd things!

My friend destiny said:

i luv CHRISTMAS to me its about presents but not to everybody else!same here Emily!by the way

My friend Elizabeth said:

HaHaHaHa! Working as a team always works! Merry CHRISTmas!

My friend shane said:

tell him i said hi

My friend jessica n said:

well clumsy the elf talked to me earlyer and he was very,very clumsy to me

My friend a.p said:

I’ve tried to do somethings by myself even if it’s a bigger job than I can handle.But what i’ve learned is sometimes you should just ask for help even if you think you don’t need help you might really do need it.So elves think before you do something that might be to big for you to handle.LOL

My friend Hayley said:

Cool!I love the blogs! :D

My friend Brianna said:

Oh my clumsy is so clumsy. hahaha … hahaha!

My friend leah said:

I love you santa

My friend Meg said:

I love santa I’m pretty sure everyone loves santa oh I forgot about the elves and the reindeers

My friend alexandra said:

why am i on the naghty list send my dad an email

My friend Emily said:

bring me to your place i would love it please I beg I have been good :)

My friend Owen said:

I did the dishes all by myself with no help and nothing went wrong.

My friend virginia said:

hi santa one time last christmas i help my dad put together chloe’s new bike

My friend Olivia said:

I love your Blog!

My friend Lilly said:

Ha Ha Ha those silly elfs always doing funny stuf.

My friend shauna said:

i love 2 get a phone

My friend ashanti said:

It’s ashanti again.but I want to thank the elves for all the work they do and Mrs.claus for helping them work Marry Christmas to every one at the North Pole

My friend nathan said:

I had to take down a big sign with concreat on it by my self! I hert my shoulder.

My friend audrey said:

hi Santa,
    I once tried to bild a roking horse by my self.It was terible,worse than what Clumsy did.i could not even get a peice to go on the body.I asked my friend and even together we where not able.I found a better way when my dad lended me a baricade.P.s even if my dad had to take my roking horse appart i had fun bilding it.

My friend Bull said:

Yes before I was in charge of painting four wooden post things to hang crosses (for Christian solider), and star of david (for jewish solider) who had died in the Irag war all by myself. I worked many many hours and many many days up now we have a place to honor our soliders nextto the church I go to.

My friend breea said:

when i was helping my dad in the workshop i helped him to fix the baby excarvater

Leave A Message For Santa About “Clumsy with a hammer”

P.P.S. Your computer's IP address is 184.72.160.105 ;)