Christmas Olympics – Day 8 – Mixed Doubles

Posted by Santa Claus on December 6th, 2012

Did you know you can play tennis with a team mate?  It’s called doubles.  Four people play instead of two.  It’s called mixed doubles when a man and a lady are team mates.

The rules are a little different In the North Pole Olympics.  Mixed doubles means a reindeer and an elf are team mates!

Cupid and Kissy the Elf are team mates.  Dasher and Scunner the Elf are team mates.

The elves play with elf-sized rackets.  The reindeer use their antlers!  A tennis ball is very big to an elf.  It is like a soccer ball!

Cupid and Kissy are a good team.  Kissy plays close to the net.  Cupid plays at the back of the court.

Dasher and Scunner are not always a good team.  They bump into each other quite a lot!  Scunner blames Dasher.  “You dash about too much,” he says.  Dasher thinks Scunner gets in his way too much!

Cupid and Kissy won the first game.  Scunner was not happy.  He yelled at Dasher.  “It’s your fault,” he said. “You missed the ball.”

Dasher was not happy.  He thought Scunner was being mean.

Cupid and Kissy won the second game.

Scunner yelled at Dasher again.  “You missed again,” he said.  Dasher was very cross.  He missed because Scunner was in his way!

Cupid hit a big serve.  Dasher was determined to return it.  He kept his eye on the ball.  He got ready.  SMACK!  He hit the ball hard.

Uh-oh! It was not the ball.  It was Scunner’s bottom!  Scunner flew through the air.  He landed in the net.

“He didn’t miss that time,” said Kissy.  Cupid and Dasher giggled.  Scunner went very quiet.  He was a much better team mate after that.

P.S.    Do you think Scunner got what he deserved?  Do you think good manners are important in sport?  You can click here to tell me about it or, scroll down to see what other people have written!

24 Responses to “Christmas Olympics – Day 8 – Mixed Doubles”

My friend GRETĖ said:

Hi Santa I all ways wonders would you get me what is really want in my life plase get it or I will hate christmas for ever.i really want a I pad for christmas is you can not get It I will be all ok with that then get me a box of choclet or I also always wanted a new phone for christmas for get it if you cans if not i will be the sadest kid in christmas and never believe in Santa clause I heard that is even one person hate santer clause there is a whole in your heart so you do not want that happens or for me christmas is over

My friend darrell said:

I wrot to kiss you

My friend darrell said:

Love you

My friend darrell said:

im going to give you some cookies

My friend darrell said:

I think I should give you some cookies

My friend abby said:

hi santa i would like a drink bottle and a apple laptop

My friend abby said:

can not wait until christmas

My friend kitty cat said:

hi

My friend ALICIA said:

I LIKE A BOOK AND MATH BOOK
    AM A GOOOD MOM AND DAD I GO TO WORK
    I LIKE TO PIZZ AND GAMES
    FROM ALICIA CRAWFORD

My friend Hayley said:

Mean Scunner!He got what he deserved! >:(

My friend carolina said:

love you

My friend Thomas said:

Rudolph needs a good diet!

My friend Thomas said:

Does Rudolph have a healthy diet?Because the reindeers need a good diet in the reindeer Olympic games!

My friend Bull said:

I don’t want to mean and say he deserved it or not. I do not like being mean. But I do agree that manners are a important thing any time no matter if you are playing a game or not.

My friend Sophia said:

Silly Santa!

My friend OCTAVIAROBINSON said:

DEARSANTA I BEEN HEARING MY FRIENDS SAYING THAT THEY DON,T BELIEVE IN YOU BUT I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU AND I WILL ALL WAYS BELIEVE IN YOU IF IT WOULDN,T FOR YOU IT WOULD NOT BE CHRISTMAS SO IGOT TO SAY THANK YOU LOVE YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

My friend Brandon said:

Yes, Yes I think good manners are very important in sports, even though I don’t play them very often.

My friend Augustu said:

I think Scunner got what he deserved. He was blaming Dasher for everything.

My friend alandra said:

man santa this cracks me up

My friend Dilmeet said:

yes I do too

My friend Autumn said:

I do truly think he got what he deserved because he was being a rude team player!

My friend keya said:

Hi Santa I want an Keya brianna ps I saw u at the mall

My friend Kaylen said:

Yes I do

My friend Libby said:

I think he did deserved it because he was disrespecting his friend And he was making dasher do all the hard work do he deserved 2smqls in the bottom

Leave A Message For Santa About “Christmas Olympics – Day 8 – Mixed Doubles”

P.P.S. Your computer's IP address is 54.82.119.238 ;)