Santa Claus’ Halloween Safety Tips

Posted by Santa Claus on October 29th, 2008

Halloween is lots of fun.  Why, its almost as much fun as Christmas!  But even when you are having fun you have to be careful.  After all, at Halloween, you have to watch out for low-flying brooms (instead of reindeer! Ho! Ho! Ho!)

Here are some great Halloween safety tips from my friends at the Canadian Red Cross:

• Be safe!  Be seen!  Try to wear light-colored costumes instead of dark ones.
  • Be safe!  Be seen!  Put reflective tape on your costume, bike, skateboard, or broom too!
  • Be safe!  Be seen!  Bring a glow-stick or, better yet, LOTS of glow-sticks! Ho! Ho! Ho! I always use a shiny red nose to help me see at night, but you could always use a flashlight instead!
  • Be safe!  Be able to see!  Use face paint rather than masks or things that will cover the eyes.  Its easier to see witches that way!
  • Be safe!  Try to wear a flame resistant costume (check with a grown-up!).
  • Be safe!  Go Trick-or-Treating with four or five other kids (and go with a grown-up!)
  • Be safe!  Give your grown-up lots of treats to keep them happy!
  • Be safe!  Keep your costume away from open fires and candles.
  • Be safe!  Make sure your costumes is short enough so you do not trip.
  • Be safe!  Walk, slither, and sneak on sidewalks – not in the street where cars are.
  • Be safe!  Look both ways before crossing the street to check for cars, trucks, and low-flying brooms.
  • Be safe!  Only cross the street at intersections or crosswalks (and check both ways for cars and witches again!).
  • Be safe!  Go Trick-or-Treating along one side of the street first and then do the other.  That way you don’t have to cross the street so much (and watch out for those pesky witches!)
  • Be safe!  Only visit homes that have the porch light on (they always have the best treats anyway! :)
  • Be safe!  Only accept treats at the door.  Never go inside someone’s apartment, house or car.
  • Be safe!  Get back home on time so no one worries about you (and so you have more time to eat your goodies!)
  • Eat safe!  Let a grown-up check your goodies before you eat any.
  • Eat safe!  Do not eat candy if the package is already open.
  • Eat safe!  Keep small candies away from really little kids so they don’t choke.

Happy Halloween!

P.S.  What things do you do to be safe at Halloween?    (Scroll down to leave a message for Santa or to see what others have written!)

13 Responses to “Santa Claus’ Halloween Safety Tips”

My friend Kaitlin said:

That’s a lot of safety tips

My friend haylee said:

i go with 4 kids and 3 adults

My friend Maddie said:

I trick or treat with my friends. My dad always brings the biggest flashlight ever! He is traffic patrol. My friend triped over her costume so my mom tied a pony tail around it and scrunched it up.

My friend emily said:

them ar some good tips

My friend Ellen said:

We always stay safe, because we ask all the people we know if they mind being trick or treated, and if they don’t, then they put up a poster in their window, and we only go to houses with posters. That way, we all stay safe! xx

My friend dakota said:

halloween sure is a lot of fun and belive me i think it’s almost as fun as christmas but belive me halloween is lot of fun just like i said a second ago and i do watch out for low-flying brooms and i like halloween

My friend kyleigh said:

i am never safe on halloween i was a softball player i carried around a bat

My friend sophie said:

your halloween saftey tips are really good they helped me keep safe this halloween THANKS SANTA XOX

My friend holly said:

I think all those tips are fantastic when i go trick or treat i will make shaw i do all those things.

My friend jesse said:

they are cool

My friend jesse lee johnson said:

i think your halloween safety tips are cool

ho ho ho hi mr.and mrs.clause hi love Hannah Paolucci

My friend Mackenzie Mouse from Calgary said:

I watch out for witches and their brooms!

Leave A Message For Santa About “Santa Claus’ Halloween Safety Tips”

P.P.S. Your computer's IP address is 50.17.27.205 ;)