A Thanksgiving Christmas Story

Posted by Santa Claus on November 26th, 2009

Clumsy the Elf - Mr. TurkeyHead

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States!   Happy Thanksgiving!

We have Thanksgiving here too.   All the Christmas elves come home.   We talk about all the things we are thankful for.   We have a big dinner.   Then we all go outside and have fun!   But, many, many years ago, things went a little, well, funny.  I told this story last year in my blog, but Clumsy the elf thinks its so funny he wanted me to tell it again!

Yes, one year our Thanksgiving was a little “special”.  I was flying with the reindeer.  We were picking up all the Christmas elves to bring them home.  Everyone else at the North Pole was getting ready.

Mrs. Claus was making a great big yummy Thanksgiving dinner.  She had many elves helping her.  Even Clumsy the Elf was helping her.  Well, he was trying to help.

Clumsy had just finished picking some snow bananas.  We grow them in the jungles here at the North Pole.  Ho! Ho! Ho!  No, I’m just joking you!  There are no snow bananas!

Anyway, Clumsy had just come inside from playing in the snow.  But, he forgot to take his elf boots off.  He was leaving big puddles in Mrs. Claus’ kitchen.  The puddles were very wet and slippery.

Mrs. Claus asked Clumsy to get a big bag of flour.  Clumsy came back with the flour.  But Clumsy slipped in a puddle.  Poof!  There was flour everywhere!  There was flour on Mrs. Claus.  There was flour on the elves.  There was flour on Clumsy!

So, Clumsy went to put on some clean clothes.   Mrs. Claus and the other elves cleaned up the flour.

When Clumsy came back, no one was in the kitchen.   They had all gone to put on clean clothes.   But, the turkey was ready!   So, Clumsy thought he would help.   He would take the turkey out of the oven for Mrs. Claus.

Clumsy got a big stool to stand on.   He opened the oven door.   He pulled the turkey out.   But it was a big turkey!   It got stuck.   It got really stuck!   He pulled.   He pulled harder.   He got on his tippy toes.  He pulled even harder!  Then, he pulled as hard as he could!

Pop!   Clumsy fell to the floor.   Clumsy looked up.   He looked way up.   Just then the turkey fell right on top of Clumsy!   The turkey was stuck on Clumsy’s head!

Poor Clumsy could not get the turkey off his head.   He tried pulling.   He tried pushing.   But it would not come off.   So, he went outside to get help.

Then Mrs. Claus came back to the kitchen.   She screamed!   She thought someone had stolen her turkey!   Was it the Grinch?  Was it Swiper?   She ran around the kitchen looking for the turkey.   But, she stepped in a puddle.   She slipped and fainted!

That is when I came in.  I came running when I heard all the noise.   All the elves and reindeer came running too!   We saw Mrs. Claus on the floor.   There was no turkey.   And the door to outside was open!  We thought the turkey had run away!   And, when we looked outside,  we saw a turkey running around!   (We did not know it was Clumsy.)

“Quick, get that turkey!”, I said.   The elves lined up on one side.   The reindeer lined up on the other.   Someone blew a whistle.   Then everyone started chasing the running turkey!

He ran 10 yards.   He ran 20 yards!   He ran left.   He ran right.   Finally, an elf tackled the turkey!   The turkey popped off Clumsy’s head.   Clumsy was all right and not hurt at all.  He was so happy he kicked the turkey right through some candy cane goal posts!

And that is why they play American football games on Thanksgiving!

P.S.  Do you think it would be fun to chase an elf with a turkey on his head?   You can leave a message for me.   Or, scroll down to see what others have written!

115 Responses to “A Thanksgiving Christmas Story”

My friend Caroline said:

I think that would be awesome and funny! I can’t believe
    Clumsy is the one making my toys! Tell the whole north pole I love them all very much! Mostly you, Mrs. Claus, and definitely Clumsy!

My friend jasmin said:

I THOUGHT THT WAS SOOOOO FFUUNNYY SANTA TELL THE ELFS I SAID HI AND TELL CLUMSY I SAID HAND THAT WAS SO FUNNY.PS TELL THE ELFS I SAID I LOVE THEM.PPS I LOVE U AND MY WHOLE FAMY

My friend Recina said:

Yes, I think it would be kind of funny to be chasing an elf with a turkey, but kinda worried at first when you were unsure of what had happened to the turkey or where it went. LOL, anyways times ticking, and i gotta eat something finger-lickin…such as food. Hahahahha, possibly a turkey!

My friend Nasim said:

it made me laugh so hard that i cried too

My friend janie said:

dear santa, i would think it is rellly funny if i saw a elf running around with a turky on his head.

My friend harry said:

why would i chase an elf with a chicken on its head

My friend mahoganie said:

I thank it would be fun and silly!

My friend Bella said:

It would be funny to chase an elf.
    Actually, VERY FUNNY!!!! :)
    Well, I think I am going to go change the chalkboard that I have in my playroom, ’cause I have a “Countdown ‘Til Christmas”
    board…so….uh….Oh, i’ll do that when i’m ready, hehe heh…ahhhh….

best wishes from,
    Bella

My friend Tess said:

Hi santa

is it snow storms their
    From Tess

My friend Tess said:

Hi santa what date is thnk’s giving on
    please repliy to my letter

From Tess

My friend Hailey said:

cute pic lol.
    i bet the turkey was the best one ever because mrs. clause made it.:)

My friend zamira franqui ounedo said:

hi santa i love you

My friend ERIN said:

YOUR SOOOO FUNNY SANTA SO MUCH LOVE ERIN

My friend Declan said:

yes i think it would be cool. well, if my parents dont mind. but it would be gone when someone or something got me! thats how much i love turkey.

My friend LILLI said:

hi santa i think u are cool..i love u. lilli.

Leave A Message For Santa About “A Thanksgiving Christmas Story”

P.P.S. Your computer's IP address is 54.198.139.141 ;)