Saint Nicholas Day

Posted by Santa Claus on December 5th, 2008

I am very busy!  I will not be this busy again until Christmas Eve!  Do you know why?  In some places, Saint Nicholas Day is in one more sleep!

There are many people in the world.  There are people in many different places.  And, they do different things at Christmas.  They might be different, but they are still fun.  Sometimes, different people, places or things seem different or strange.  But, if you look carefully, they are a lot like the things you know.

Today, I put away my Santa Claus clothes.  I put on other clothes.  I wear long robes.  And, I wear a stiff pointy hat called a mitre (you say it “my ter”).  I call these my saintly robes.

I might look different, but I am still the same inside!

I also put on another name.  Today, in different places, people might call me Sinterklaas (Netherlands), Saint Nicolas (France), Święty Mikolaj (Poland), or Mos Nicolae (Romania).  They call me other names in other places too.

I might have a different name, but I am still the same inside!

I also leave presents another way.  Today, kids in different places will polish special shoes or boots for me.  They might leave a carrot or some hay in the shoe.  But, they will leave the shoe out for me to find.  Then, I will put candy and presents in the shoes of the good children.

I might leave presents a different way, but I am still the same inside!

Yes, people in different places do different things at Christmas.  But, different things can still be fun! And, just like me, someone might look different or have a different name.  But, they might still be the same inside.

Saint Nicholas

P.S. Do you think people, places or things that are different can still be fun? (You can leave a message for me.  Or, scroll down to see what others have written!)

53 Responses to “Saint Nicholas Day”

My friend Alexandra said:

can you tell me all your randers nemes

My friend makayla said:

saint nicohlas is a good person he is santa!!! ps i love saint nicholas !!!!!!

My friend makayla said:

saint nicholas leaves toys out for pepele that leave carrots and sugar p.s. love you a lot santa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend pjnnn said:

This year I am going to leave out a shoe or a boot outiside for you maybe

My friend katelyn said:

i think that day is very aportint becase to thank u for evreything u gave us that a lot of people dont have

My friend macey said:

help help help.

My friend paige said:

dear santa i love you and i hope you have a rest you have to do all the work its not fair i want to stay with you have a nice trip on x mas love from paige veal ps please look after my presents

My friend Kurt said:

I should try that shoe thing this christmas!:)

My friend tamzin and darcy said:

you are funny, silly, kind, nice, helpful and thoghtful.

My friend caitlin said:

hay santa i hope i get everything i want for christmas and is rodolph still your special raindeer! i am very excited see ya later

My friend Alexis said:

we are going to church on christmas eve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yay yay yay yay!!!!!!!!!!

My friend Erin said:

fnbnjlkhbfkzdb … ddsflghsjkhgs io gt.

My friend sam said:

hi santa ca’nt wait till christmas eve getting lots of gifts

My friend bob said:

frdrorro … jhgjhgjhjh

My friend jacob said:

hi sata you are cool lol you

My friend claudia said:

i love you a lots and i will remember you in my heart

My friend svein said:

im soryyyyyy your so jammed and packed hope you enjoy the smelly socks i leave

My friend juliette said:

do your reindeer like hot coco?

My friend dylan said:

p.s. on christmas eve i will leave you a present love dylan

My friend Aine said:

Hey santa i know your so busy this year but ther just one thing i what to ask you do you ever get bored

My friend alex said:

I think it is cool to have different traditions.

My friend sara said:

how r u santa i will leave a shoe next to my door for you bye:D

My friend Kilian said:

Yesterday Nikolaus came to us in Germany. He rang the bell and made lots of noise but again we were not fast enough to see him; but when we opened the door there was a sack with lots of nuts, fruits and presents inside. Thank goodness his friend Knecht Ruprecht was not with him cuz…. that would be scary, but he left a broom as a reminder for us to be good.

My friend Carina said:

Santa,

I saw you in a Christmas Movie on Disney Channel. Merry Christmas!!!!!

My friend Carina said:

Santa,
    How are you so Magical?

My friend Carina said:

Santa, I saw you at the Christmas parade! I hope you have a Merry Christmas! I hope you get this letter because I can’t wait to see what you bring me.

Merry Christmas Santa,
    Love,
    Carina

My friend Morgan said:

I’ve always wondered: why is Christmas sometimes called Xmas?

Santa can you send us an elf?

My friend Billy Bob said:

Hey santa you are cool

My friend tyler said:

i realy hopr you have a very mery christmas your best friend TYLER

My friend tommy said:

hey santa i got your letter i understand i can’t get a puppy

My friend HILARYS said:

here were i am at its like 14 more days not counting the week he comes.

My friend cansas said:

This year I want an MP4 Player a bunny Guitar Hero On Tour for DS.

LOVE,
    Cansas

==============
    Reply from the Elves:

The best way to make sure your wishes get into Santa’s book is to email Santa. They go straight in that way! If you put them on this blog then someone might forget to add them :(

The Elves

P.S. What’s the magic word? :)

My friend cansas said:

I think Santa is so kewl even though im 11! He gets you almost everything you want. Almost.

My friend Stephanie said:

This christmas I want a Abercrombie Jacket “Celeste, Navy Blue” But everytime I tell someone that I want it for christmas they tend to think its
    too expensive. I believe in you Santa. I wish that you could get that jacket for me.

Merry Christmas

Thanks,
    Stephanie Ballantine

==============
    Reply from the Elves:

This year, Santa might not be able to bring as many presents or as expensive presents as before. I am afraid that there are some kids that might not got any presents at all. But you know we will always try our best for every child.

No matter what you get for Christmas, I hope you will remember that Santa and your family love you very much. After all, Christmas is about family and love. As long as you have that, you will always have Christmas! Presents and stuff like that are nice, but they really are just the trimming on the Christmas tree!

The Elves

P.S. What’s the magic word? :)

My friend kyle said:

hey Santa, do you like Coca-cola? My first favorite soda drink is Coca-cola.

My friend emma & amanda said:

when you come 2 our house dont forget the cookies we made u

My friend emma & amanda said:

hopefully you r not so busy on christmas eve so you can have a wonderful christmas

My friend Donna said:

Hi Santa! How are you? I hope you aren’t to busy for Christmas this year! I am really excited the my elf Sammy came here. Is he one of your best elves? I sure hope he is!
    Merry Christmas,
    Donna

My friend Malik said:

Im sorry Santa. You have did it for many years and I’m sure you can do it for one more. With Lots of luck Malik:)

My friend DiVia said:

Dear Saint Nicholas/Santa,

Today is Saint Nicholas Eve. Yes, different people, places and things can definitely still be fun. For example, my brother is from Ethiopia and he came to America to be with us and he sure is fun!

Good Night and be careful!

Love,

DiVia

My friend Olivia said:

You rock Santa!!!!

My friend Olivia said:

Hey the elves should at least give yuou on day of! You deserve it!!!

My friend Bryce said:

thats cool yea my dad and my family use to live in germany and they said that they had this santa like guy come around to everyones houses and give presents but a evil demon followed for the “bad kids” your good boy bryce romig

My friend Anna Gilliard said:

gsdvJKyhskvhdvbksdch uyouy oy uy oy uo yuyo yuyo uyoyuyoyuyouyoouyou youyyyyyyoooooooo

My friend Hannah said:

help help help

==============
    Reply from the Elves:

Hi, Hannah. Do you need help?

The Elves

My friend Muireann said:

Dear Santa,do you like the nutri-grain oatie cookies?Cause if you do,that’s what I’ll leave out for you!!!luv,Muireann!!

My friend Emer said:

dear santa i love christmas because i love getting up early on xmas day to open my gifts and lots of fun i wish u a merry christmas nd will leave something out for you thank you santa.

Emerberry

My friend Susan said:

Hey Santa You Rock I can not Wait Untill Xmas Eve

My friend Hannah said:

HAY SANTA… UMMM SRRRY YOUR SO BUSY BUT I REALLY HOPE YOU PLAN ON BRINGIN MY LOTTTTS OF PRESENTS CUZ MY DADDY ISNT GETTIN TO WORK A LOT N THEY ARENT GONNA B ABLE TO GET ME VERY MUCH STUFF…. BUT OH WELL AT LEAST I’LL GET TO BE THERE WITH THEM AND SPENDING TIME WITH THEM!!!!!!

My friend CJ said:

DAS EANY ONE NO WHAT SANTA LIKE TO EAT

My friend chloe said:

it is a very good web sit and every one should apreasheate it and thing santa does

My friend Shannon said:

wow im very sorry for you.but thats only 19 days away!you’ve made it all these years so im sure you can do it again. :)

Leave A Message For Santa About “Saint Nicholas Day”

P.P.S. Your computer's IP address is 54.83.238.48 ;)