Thanksgiving & Clumsy the Elf

Posted by Santa Claus on November 27th, 2008

Clumsy the Elf - Mr. TurkeyHead

Clumsy the Elf – Mr. TurkeyHead

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States!  Happy Thanksgiving!

We have Thanksgiving here too.  All the Christmas elves come home.  We talk about all the things we are thankful for.  We have a big dinner.  Then we all go outside and have fun!  But, many, many years ago, things went a little, well, funny.

Yes, one year our Thanksgiving was a little “special”.  I was flying with the reindeer.  We were picking up all the Christmas elves to bring them home.  Everyone else at the North Pole was getting ready.

Mrs. Claus was making a great big yummy Thanksgiving dinner.  She had many elves helping her.  Even Clumsy the Elf was helping her.  Well, he was trying to help.

Clumsy had just finished picking some snow bananas.  We grow them in the jungles here at the North Pole.  Ho! Ho! Ho!  No, I’m just joking you!  There are no snow bananas!

Anyway, Clumsy had just come inside from playing in the snow.  But, he forgot to take his elf boots off.  He was leaving big puddles in Mrs. Claus’ kitchen.  The puddles were very wet and slippery.

Mrs. Claus asked Clumsy to get a big bag of flour.  Clumsy came back with the flour.  But Clumsy slipped in a puddle.  Poof!  There was flour everywhere!  There was flour on Mrs. Claus.  There was flour on the elves.  There was flour on Clumsy!

So, Clumsy went to put on some clean clothes.  Mrs. Claus and the other elves cleaned up the flour.

When Clumsy came back, no one was in the kitchen.  They had all gone to put on clean clothes.  But, the turkey was ready!  So, Clumsy thought he would help.  He would take the turkey out of the oven for Mrs. Claus.

Clumsy got a big stool to stand on.  He opened the oven door.  He pulled the turkey out.  But it was a big turkey!  It got stuck.  It got really stuck!  He pulled.  He pulled harder.  He got on his tippy toes.  He pulled even harder!  Then, he pulled as hard as he could!

Pop!  Clumsy fell to the floor.  Clumsy looked up.  He looked way up.  Just then the turkey fell right on top of Clumsy!  The turkey was stuck on Clumsy’s head!

Poor Clumsy could not get the turkey off his head.  He tried pulling.  He tried pushing.  But it would not come off.  So, he went outside to get help.

Then Mrs. Claus came back to the kitchen.  She screamed!  She thought someone had stolen her turkey!  Was it the Grinch?  Was it Swiper?  She ran around the kitchen looking for the turkey.  But, she stepped in a puddle.  She slipped and fainted!

That is when I came in.  I came running when I heard all the noise.  All the elves and reindeer came running too!  We saw Mrs. Claus on the floor.  There was no turkey.  And the door to outside was open!  We thought the turkey had run away!  And, when we looked outside, we saw a turkey running around!  (We did not know it was Clumsy.)

“Quick, get that turkey!”, I said.  The elves lined up on one side.  The reindeer lined up on the other.  Someone blew a whistle.  Then everyone started chasing the running turkey!

He ran 10 yards.  He ran 20 yards!  He ran left.  He ran right.  Finally, an elf tackled the turkey!  The turkey popped off Clumsy’s head.  Clumsy was so happy he kicked the turkey right through some candy cane goal posts!

And that is why they play American football games on Thanksgiving!

P.S.  Do you think it would be fun to chase an elf with a turkey on his head?  You can leave a message for me.  Or, scroll down to see what others have written!

111 Responses to “Thanksgiving & Clumsy the Elf”

My friend grace said:

haha clumsy the elf A.K.A mr.turkey-head. haha what a funny name santa.

My friend BAILEY said:

i am so sorry but that was soooo funny yes it would be fun

My friend Kaitlin said:

Yes, because I’ve never seen a LIVE elf before!

My friend Caitlin said:

Do not worry,i want all the latest gadjets but i think its fair and square that you give some to the people who dont have any at all.

My friend Joe said:

Hey people,
    Nice blog Santa!!!
    I liked the elf with the chicken on it’s
    head too. Anyway Santa told me about this in hes email too me. Anyway gotta go.
    See ya

My friend hallie said:

haha that elf looks funny

My friend Elizabeth said:

i think it wpuld be awsome to chase an elf with a turkey on his head because you never know which direction he/she is going :) anyway i just think it would be lots of fun. Merry Christmas :) :D

My friend keely said:

wow,that must have been silly!

My friend trevor said:

hey guys its me trevor, i bet you haven’t heard me since i just wrote my letter to you. i had looked on the blog and i saw the turkey incident and boy it was funny and cool when i heard that you guys play football on thanksgiving.anyway i was wondering about something, is it true that you guys ride on the rollercoaster. [santa told me about it ]

My friend julia imbrogno said:

thankyou for making the presents!!!!!

luv julia

My friend pjnnn said:

I think it would be fun and did you think the turkey had a elf suit and legs and arms to on him that would funny thinking the turkey was alive haha

Leave A Message For Santa About “Thanksgiving & Clumsy the Elf”

P.P.S. Your computer's IP address is 173.245.54.172 ;)